LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Whitney Houston was a chronic cocaine user who had the drug in her system when she drowned in a hotel bathtub, coroner's officials said Thursday after releasing autopsy findings that also noted heart disease contributed to her death.
The disclosure ended weeks of speculation about what killed the Grammy-winning singer on Feb. 11 on the eve of the Grammy Awards.
Houston was found submerged in the bathtub of her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, and her death was ruled accidental. Several bottles of prescription medications were found in her hotel room, but coroner's officials said there weren't excessive quantities.
"We are saddened to learn of the toxicology results, although we are glad to now have closure," Patricia Houston, the singer's sister-in-law and manager, wrote in a statement to The Associated Press.
Beverly Hills police said in a statement there was no evidence of wrongdoing in connection with Houston's death.
I read this and shook my head because I was feeling so many ways about this. She was getting high in a room full of people is my assumption. If so, they are all enablers. Yes we have to hold ourselves responsible for our fate at times especially when it comes to choosing to indulge in controlled substances however, when you have a circle of people around you that "love you" where was extreme measures? I believe in fighting with all I have to save a loved one if they are going down the wrong path. Yes I have been in that situation and yes I was attacked verbally by someone I loved deeply for trying to help them but I prayed on it and fought with everything in me. It just seems to me like they didn't care. As long as they benefited from her, they turned a blind eye. Its sad when a life is lost by poor choices. Whether its Whitney Houston or the person down the block........
Sipping my Tea and shaking my head
Ms. Speakmymind
No comments:
Post a Comment