Friday, December 2, 2011

Vanity is Thy Name

*Sipping tea and shaking my head*
How far will a person go to enhance body parts?  

Well for some, it goes as far as agreeing to a mixture of cement, super glue, mineral oil and FIX-A-FLAT tire mender.  Some say it's vanity, others say it's low self esteem. Maybe its a touch of insanity.   Now I'm just speaking my mind,  but who in the world would be ok with letting a person that looks like
this
  

perform any type of procedure on them?  

It is my opinion that we live in a "visual" world that has placed great emphasis on big behinds.  We see big bottom women in videos, magazines, reality TV stars and such.. Shucks, I  remember the big WOW over Jennifer Lopez's bottom and that was years ago and I used to crack up laughing because in my neighborhood that's all you saw.  Healthy bottom females were normal.   It also makes me wonder about the state of minds of the individuals that subject themselves to butt injections.   I was having tea time with some of my sistahfriends and we were sipping and chit chatting about it.   Ms. Tracy sucked her teeth and said "well if the men wasn't drooling over all these big tails a woman wouldn't feel like she had to go to the extreme to get noticed."    Ms. Rolanda stressed that its a lack of self love.  She got up and strutted about swinging her mini booty and said "love me as I am or exit stage left".  

I thought about it and it kinda saddened me to realize that a person would go to this extreme, even to the point of putting their life at risk.  To have a risky procedure done in a hotel room for bargain basement prices is beyond my understanding.  I have read articles where they have even injected bathroom chalking sealants. I don't know what goes on in the mind of a person ( I say that because it is not only females but transgenders doing this).   We all have imperfections.  I know I got a few myself and if i could wave a wand they would be gone but I would never, risk my life to change the way I am.   If you can't accept me with my cellulite and lil baby tummy, I quote Ms. Rolanda when I say. "Love me as I am or exit stage left."

scuse me while I brew some fresh tea.........
sips and love!
Ms. Speakingmymind










No comments:

Post a Comment